The Red Dot Design Museum is the sister museum of the Red Dot Design Museum in Germany. Together they showcase the best new design ideas across the categories Product Design, Communication Design and Design Concept. The Singapore museum contains the award winners of the best Design Concepts.
This is a fascinating museum showcasing 300 new and unique design concepts from all of the world. Every year the competition attracts over 4000 entries from a wide range of amateur designers through to world famous and household names. A panel of international design experts select the winners which will be displayed in the museums. Many of these ideas and products go into production, some are even available in the museum shop!
A show case of the best new and unique design concepts from around the world.
The museum is located on the Marina front, not too far from Marina Bay Sands. It is open until 2am making it the only Night Museum in Singapore and it has an excellent bar with a good selection of craft beers! You can even enjoy some food, which is has been ‘designed’ into cubes!
Even the food has been ‘designed’! Top centre is a cube shaped Chicken Rice!
We think that the Red Dot Design Museum is one of the Best Museums in Singapore because:
- The exhibition itself is super interesting covering design concepts in furniture, clothing, automobiles, pets, construction, the environment…
- It’s location on the Marina is brilliant.
- It’s open right through until 2am making it the perfect place to go if you have jet lag!
- The bar has a very good selection of beers and runs a happy hour from 5pm to 8pm every day!
- The food menu has been well crafted covering all of the Singapore favourites from Chilli Crab to Laksa and Beef Rendang. Click here for the full menu.
- The shop is fantastic – it would be impossible to go home without a souvenir!
The museum shop.
If you would like to visit the Red Dot Design Museum after your Singapore tours, just ask your private tour guide to drop you off here at the end of your tour.
Address: 11 Marina Boulevard. Singapore 018940.
Monday to Thursday : 10am to 8pm
Friday to Sunday : 10am to 11pm
#bestmuseumsinsingapore, #reddot, #designmuseum, #singaporemuseums, #privatetoursinsingapore, #craftbeerinsingapore, #topmuseums, #singaporetours, #besttourguidesinsingapore